Sunday, June 7, 2009

it's been a great weekend, after a horrible week.

monday -- had to work on dsp lab because i was going to spend tuesday for a good three hours in our opening summer ultimate league. which was good, because for the most part we finished, and my lab partner finished it. spent the previous weekend in addition to working virtually on the dsp homework, which i've discovered take a fair amount of time. then, started studying for orgo... and also orgo homework.

tuesday -- byke phailz. spent a good portion of time studying for orgo, so that i could play ultimate. was initially going to not go to the review session for the orgo test on thursday, but then at the last minute decided against the idea. good karma? hm. so on the way back from the orgo review session, i guess i was a little dazed and mentally tired. so i was going downhill on my bike by klaus, the baseball stadium, arch building, etc. and i was going pretty fast. whether it was because i wasn't paying attention to the curve coming ahead or because i misjudged my speed and turn that i was about to make (or both). so i barely missed the turn, wiped out on the curb of pike and phi-mu. i was definitely bleeding a lot. seriously, one moment i was fine, next moment i was on the ground, and then, both of my shins were covered in blood. and parts of my shoe. and the small little bushy things on the edge of the sidewalk. fortunately, there was a baseball player that saw the whole thing, and he had the coach take me into the locker room and let me clean up a bit (i.e. get bandaged up, wash off some blood, get some antiseptic). and then i biked back to my room. afterward, i took a shower and washed the rest of the blood off. afterward, aaron and burger saw my cut, saw it was pretty deep, and after some debate (where my position was to not) go to the ER. i got some vicodin, lidocaine, and five stitches due to the cut i got back. it took a total of four hours, i believe, at emory crawford long. in the midst of it, aaron was fairly entertained, as apparently, i was pretty hopped up on the vicodin.

to my defense, i felt like my being intrigued to stitches being put on, and the many ridiculous cheery jokes i made while they were injecting saline into me and what not was fairly normal me.

so wednesday was definitely crunch time. between going to the health services and negotiating with my professors for extra time for my test (or something, anyway. i COULD settle for a different date after my hand had some remote time to heal). orgo professor gave me an extra 30 mins to work on the test. my dsp professor, on the other hand was extremely rude. and went on to call me out during class. it was pretty uncalled for. made me angry. after my classes (incuding dsp lab) and family group, i pulled an all-nighter studying for orgo.

thursday -- continue all nighter. i got done studying at 6:30, and i walked to the crc to take a nap before leading a workout. took exactly an hour nap, and after fighting the horrible grogginess, was quite awake. took the test. got done, went home, passed out. was planning on going to the dsp review session at 6. definitely slept through that, and then woke up later on, proceeded to work on my cheat sheet and such. went to bed at 11, 12 ish. maybe 1? also, health services had given me a sling the day before, and charged for it a day later (thursday). i was a little put off by that, so i asked if i could return it because i really rather hadn't. the cashier was pretty rude, told me it was now a damaged product. and said i had to pay for it. i was too tired to make a controlled argument, so i walked away pretty fed up.

friday -- woke up at 8, studied for dsp. kind of. studied with my dsp lab partner (who in contrast to my first impression, is really cool, and we're both very spiteful to each other). took the test, got back. cooked chicken alfredo. and then went to family group get-together where we played mafia. and had a feast. omg, so amazing.

saturday -- did nothing. and boy, i'm floating on air. i'm loved. i'm so lucky. oh way a wi woh ehhhhhhhhhhh.... i'm so lucky eh oh wa sa ba dededede.

sunday -- went to church, worked on dsp hw, dsp lab, dsp pre-lab. and watched the first episode of star trek: tng season one.

it was a good way to end the week... despite quite an escapade...

3 comments: