Sunday, January 25, 2009

does this look infected?

weekends are a time of relaxation, of getting out of class and (aside from the homework that needs to be done at hte last minute, which will happen on sunday) relaxing.

so we'll start off day by day...

friday. got out of class. got some lunch. mandarin palace, actually. all you can eat buffet for 8 dollars. that was amazing. and then later, went to play frisbee... where i killed my ankle. it was a lot of fun playing. it's been forever since the weather's been this warm, and it was fun to run around and throw a disc. i still need to practice my flick.... and also, i should definitely not run into joe at full speed. should probably look where i'm going too. so i rolled my ankle, it made a funny crinkling, cracking noise... kind of like cracking my knuckles... except this was a lot more continuous, and... definitely more painful. i was certainly frightened when it first happened. later on, i was dumb enough to keep standing on it. yeah, that was dumb. after some help from alex (who got a pack of ice and lent me an ankle brace) and graydon (who drove me back to north ave), i was back home with an ice pack. NOTE: i am too stubborn when it comes to my well-being. i am too stubborn. period

saturday. swelling went down considerably. could actually put some weight on my right foot... but used crutches because i was still hobbling and couldn't put all my weight on it. chris called me an idiot (in oh so many words) as we went to jimmy john's for a sandwich. realized how inconvenient it was to attempt to play drums on rock band with my non-dominant foot. but still fun all the same. we also attempted to go to the high museum which was a flop after the ridiculous line. i also hated being on crutches, although being let in on the bus was awfully nice (someone actually shouted that they should let me in first). so i got on, put my crutches next to me so i could save a seat. this worked until one person said something along the lines of "i don't care about your crutches" and sat next to me. i think what bothers me about the incident was the lack on my part to do anything about it. i was certainly a pushover and wished i really said something. i felt very... submissive? overly polite. and then i guess what also bothered me later on was i should've given my seat away instead of remaining seated -- my ankle really wasn't that bad, i don't think, despite the use of crutches.
later that night, we switched gears to mah jongg and mafia. women are evil in that game. i've learned that from both stephanie and hibisca.

watched devil's advocate... great movie.

sunday: could actually put all my weight on the right foot. off the crutches. didn't really do too much i guess, aside from 2210 study for quiz...

hopefully my ankle will be better soon. i'm really eager to start playing tennis again. and frisbee. hopefully can by thursday and friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment